Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dress #2

This was another one that I have had cut out for a while.  I finally sat down and had it all sewn together (except the shirring) in 45 minutes!!  I couldn't believe it!  I have struggled getting my sewing machine to cooperated when it comes to shirring in the past but I FINALLY have figured it out!  It really is fast and easy to do when your machine cooperates!  This is the same modifications that I made to the Portabellopixie Claire pattern as this dress only I added a double ruffle to the bottom.
She says it is a princess dress, so I guess that means that she likes it!




LOVE this rolled hem.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my new serger now that I have it all figured out?!?  Now that I have the manual, it tells me all of the settings to do a rolled hem. Wow does this little thing help cut back on the total time it takes to make this dress!!

Being dramatic of course!

Still jump-able!

I am glad I added that double ruffle to tie in the fabric the belt is made out of.

Beautiful rolled hem and sirring!

0 comments: