Wednesday, May 18, 2011

For my nephew

I have had a lot of people comment lately that it is hard to sew for boys.  And I agree it is easier to sew up cute dresses for girls, however, I can't get enough of making cute T-shirts for little boys.  You can always find cheap plain t's and it is so rewarding to embellish them to your liking!  I have started a tradition of making my nephews (and soon a niece) birthday shirts to go with their theme.  Remington is having a baseball party here in another month and we are doing photos for his invitations this week.  I found this adorable stripe t-shirt at Target (my usual go-to place is Old Navy but they didn't have red!).  I haven't done much with stripes but I really like the look.  I appliqued a baseball on the front...
 I sewed messy stitching around it a few times and also for the little lines and then with embroidery thread I added the red stitching.
The back says All Star and then of course a number 2 since it is his second birthday!
 I stitched around in navy and then red and then added some floss in red, just for fun!

 The All Star is freezer paper stenciled on and then I took floss and hand sewed around the entire thing!  Time consuming, yes, worth it for the look, of course!

Camden loves it so I am guessing it will be a hit for Remington too!

0 comments: