Monday, August 25, 2008

Projects and Playing

Warning: Naked baby photos in this post!
Sissy is now holding on to toys and grabbing everything... which promptly goes into her mouth!
I love this. Both kids playing but they have to be right next to each other.
Keaton playing with her. He is so patient and just loves helping entertain her.
What a beautiful evening for a walk.

We just had to take a photo because we have a photo of Keaton at the EXACT same age just like this.
Here he is! They weighed the same amount exactly at 3 months but Tiana was 1 inch longer. It makes a big difference in a body this small. Keaton was way more chubby and had quite the short little legs!
Here is our beautiful girl in a new favorite dress. I love her rolls hanging over the top of the dress! Only at this age is that cute!


We had to ask Keaton WHAT he was doing... he looked at us like we were seriously slow and said DRIVING! He was pushing the steering wheel all over the living room at Nana and Papa's.
This is what I got out of the shower and found today!!! He has one bottom shelf in the bookcase and until now it has kept him out of all of the other shelves! Notice his shelf is still quite full. The others on other hand are quite empty!
Here is my little project from this last weekend. I have been bit HARD by the sewing bug... or just the craft bug in general. However I do not need any more paintings on the wall and our house is decorated so I had to come up with something creative to do. I got the free pattern here for the skirt and then appliqued the shirt to match! I love it and will take photos of Tiana in it when I can try it on her.
Here is a detail shot of the shirt.
The outfit.
Detail of the skirt.
This mommy has gotten me so excited about sewing again with her little skirts. We have been chatting up a storm about patterns etc. I have ordered this one in Claire (I have also become addicted to her fabrics) and this one in the Tea party sundress and can't wait to get them! I picked up fabric today and am not very patiently waiting for the patterns now!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow, Kyla! That skirt and shirt combo turned out fantastic! Nice work!

KatieB said...

Kyla, cute kids (of course) and cute outfit! Thanks for sharing. That same Mommy has me inspired also...once all of the boxes are unpacked, I'm hitting the sewing machine.

-Katie

KatieB said...

Kyla, cute kids (of course) and cute outfit! Thanks for sharing. That same Mommy has me inspired also...once all of the boxes are unpacked, I'm hitting the sewing machine.

-Katie

june said...

Oh-oh! I heard you were craving fabric. Good thing Keaton is driving now so you can sew. Have fun!

June