Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Creating

Our pillows for the couch needed replaced so I got fabric that has been needing to be sewn for a couple months now.  I finally had the chance to sit down and get them done.  They took no time at all (besides the hand sewing them shut) and I love how they all turned out.

Three different fabrics but all the same color.  You can tell our couch is microfiber, I should have smoothed it out before I took photos but in reality this is how they always looks with three little kids!

I also finished a purse for myself for an upcoming girls weekend.  The flowers are on a pin so that I can take them off to wash the purse.


Free tutorial and pattern here.

The other side looks like this so if I am not feeling flowery or if I decide to wear the flower I have this side.

Close-up of the flowers and piping detail.

Another project on my to-do list has been this jacket.  Besides getting the pattern (Oliver + S Sunday Brunch Jacket) the fabric was all fabric that I had.  The corduroy was left over from Camden's crib set that I got for $1 a yard at JoAnn's.  The lining is left over from this dress.  I love being able to use my stash for something that she needs.


Inside view.  I love how Oliver + S patterns are always so finished inside and out.  I fought with this facing a little bit, not sure what I did wrong.  I will get a lot of use out of this pattern, I love being able to make her jackets.  I am looking forward to doing it again and trying to figure out where I went wrong.  Not that you can tell at ALL now but I have used Oliver + S patterns enough to know that this shouldn't have been a normal problem to have.

Of course she loves it.  It will work well next Fall also since I can always let down the sleeves.  This is a size 4.

Back view.

The one thing that I would do different next time is not actually have it button.  I would sew the button holes (for looks) and then sew the buttons right on top.  I will then add magnetic snaps on the inside so that she can get it on and off by herself.  She gets mad because she can't unbutton it by herself.

Last but not least are their superhero capes! Tutorial found here.  I got the fabric at Hobby Lobby and each of the kids got to choose their color.  I was going to put the first letter of their name on the back but decided that I would just do a strip of lightning and call it good.  That way if Keaton decided that he wanted red he could trade Camden!

Needless to say, they were a hit!!!  They don't even really know what superheros are yet but over Christmas they had capes made out of towels and LOVED them!

Apparently capes make you run REALLY fast!


I really regretted letting Tiana run one lap around the back yard since it got her asthma going really bad again!  However this was the happiest that she was all day so maybe it was worth it. She is back on Prednisone (as well as her other meds) and it hasn't really helped that much yet.  We have another call into her doctor for tomorrow.  We have a referral to a pediatric Pulmonologist and have an appointment on March 2nd to do some allergy testing and get her asthma under control hopefully.  Poor girl today just kept crying and saying her head hurt, she just doesn't feel good at all.



Camden had no idea what was going on but he enjoyed running around and thought it was REALLY cool since Keaton and Tiana loved them!

1 comments:

Cassandra said...

So cute!

You do such nice work. I love the Oliver & S patterns, but as you know, have no patience for patterns.

Love the capes, too. Going to have to make some for my kids soon!