Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sew Fun

First of all, I can't believe how big my baby boy is getting! The other night while he was sleeping on Daddy it just hit me how big he looked!
A two minute project:
I had some old knee socks in the back of my sock drawer that I haven't been worn in years, so I cut off the feet, did a ruffle stitch and ta-da Baby Legs! Plus WAY cheaper than you can get them anywhere else. They just look so cute on Tiana and now she has three pairs.
The other project that I did was make this shirt for her. I had a shirt in my closet that I haven't worn since we had kids because the neck didn't fit me right but I didn't want to get rid of it because there was nothing wrong with it. Well I just cut it up and made it into a shirt for Tiana. I used the extra fabric to add all of the ruffles and then sewed on a bow! I got a ruffle foot for my sewing machine and oh my... LOVE IT! It looks so cute on her and now that I know how easy it is to make shirts, I will be making more for her out of my old ones. You just make a pattern out of a shirt that fits her well and go for it.

Of course he has to get in on the photos because I am taking some of Sis.

Love the outfit.
I also was able to make her Thanksgiving outfit so photos will be coming of that dress! How did I do this you ask...... we wore the kids out on our trip apparently..... they have been napping WONDERFULLY! Speaking of which, they are all asleep so I am off to sew some more.

0 comments: