Friday, October 23, 2009

Sewing

In order to maintain my sanity I have gotten out my sewing machine again! I have been working every evening taking photos so I like to do something a little different during the day. Tuesday I sewed a little dress as a birthday gift and I will get some photos of her in it after she gets it. Then Wednesday during naps I made this little skirt for Tiana out of some scraps of fabric that I have left over from making my diaper bag and a little pair of jeans. I cut the legs off the jeans and added the tiers of fabric. I LOVE the way this turned out and she will have some more of them probably at some point. I have a new bubble skirt pattern to try out next and then a jumper to make her. And the most exciting news came today in the form of an email.... my new sewing desk is ready to pick up!!!!! Can't wait to have a place to set up my sewing machine all the time!