Friday, September 12, 2008

Un-plugged

So we have done it. As of last night Elmo "ate" ALL of Keaton's pacifiers! Maybe it was because of the rough day I had yesterday, or the fact that he wants to go take a nap, only to take everything off any shelf within reach and make a general mess of his room simply because he wants his pacifier not a nap. So the mom had it!!! After cleaning up his room 4 times yesterday and finally giving up I took the pacifier away, called daddy and said NO MORE!
When I was about Keaton's age my parents told me that Sabrina (the cat) ate my plug and it worked. I still loved the cat but I didn't need my pacifier. The toad and the fish also came into play with my brothers. When thinking about what we were going to do come nighttime my mom had a WONDERFUL idea. Keaton has this fascination with Elmo which is rather harmless, however quite annoying at times. Which worked perfect because if he likes Elmo a little less it will hurt nobodies feelings around this household! So he has a stuffed Elmo that we put in the container where his pacifier usually hangs out. He got out of his bath last night and was immediately curious what Elmo was doing. When we told him what we thought happened he looked at us like have you completely lost it?? Then came brilliant idea number 2. We shook Elmo only to realize that he has a rattle inside.... you could even hear his pacifiers rattling around! That got his attention.
We had to lay with him to go to sleep and he woke up once for quite a while in the middle of the night. Needless to say, he still slept great and has taken a good nap. He is a little put out at Elmo today and he keeps saying that Elmo is in trouble! But beyond that.... we are officially
un-plugged!

1 comments:

Shana said...

Wow! You're a braver momma than I! We and by "we" I mean "I" am not ready to cross that bridge yet! Glad it's working for you though! :)